The great ziggurat temple dedicated to the god, Enki, towers majestically over the marshes that cluster along the banks of the broad river delta. No one knows what exactly lies behind its mudbrick walls. Surely vast treasures fill its fresco-lined chambers, and doubtlessly terrible guardians keep the unworthy from claiming them.
DDS1 The Sacred Temple of Erwadu is a classic-style fantasy RPG module for characters levels 7 to 10. In this adventure, inspired by the mythology and culture of the ancient Sumerians, the players explore a ziggurat located in marshy river delta. The characters must survive the four deadly levels of the temple to escape its mudbrick walls. This adventure contains background notes, a cutaway map of the temple, five new monsters, and six variable endings. Additionally, this special module contains original thirteen illustrations to show the players. The referee can opt to play this module one of two ways — as a ‘Living’ or, ‘Lost’ temple.
The module contains twenty-two original black-and-white illustrations by Johnathan Bingham, Darlene (ex-TSR), Earl Geier, Jeff Laubenstein, Mark Lyons, and Frank Scacalossi. Jeff Dee (ex-TSR, Villains & Vigilantes) provides the front cover art featuring a hostile bone devil. Jonathan Myers drew the rear and side panel color art pieces.
Includes free eBook PDF of the module with purchase of a print copy.
DDS1 The Sacred Temple of Erwadu
- A 36-page saddle-stitched booklet printed in black-and-white.
- A removable, three-panel cardstock cover printed in color.
- Four detailed level maps in classic dungeon blue printed on the inside of the cover.
- 42 numbered encounter areas and adventure background for the DM.
- Sumerian-inspired characters for use with the ‘Living Temple’ version of play.
- Five new monsters: asagia, erimgalu demon, dust quasi-elemental, scorpion man, and giant snail.